Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Crossing State Borders With a Parrot

am driving from Portland Oregon to Davis, California for eye surgery for my red lored Amazon parrot. Am i required to have a health certificate to cross the border into California or back into Oregon ? Thanks, Pam Winge

Dear Pam:

All 50 states require a bird to have a health certificate when crossing the border. However, whether or not it is enforced is another matter. Not sure if Davis will require it, you should check with them. If you are flying with the bird, the airline might require it and you should check with them. I know that most states will allow a health certificate to be valid for 30 days after its issuance so if it is required, you can have one certificate that would cover both states.

Hope this helps,


Sandee L. Molenda, C.A.S.
Secretary, International Parrotlet Society

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.